Commercial Insurance Account Coordinator (hybrid or remote)
Location: Danbury, Connecticut
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
The Role at NFP:
This is a support role, requiring the coordinator to assist the account teams by providing basic administrative and support functions in the team's day-to-day servicing of clients. The coordinator will gather and input data into the agency management system, and provide assistance with various tasks and processes relative to new and renewal accounts. Will participate in training and special projects as assigned by management or senior-level staff (e.g. Account Managers or Account Executives).
This is a full-time position, ideally working hybrid from our Albany, NY office. We are open to well-experienced hires on a fully remote schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures.
- Prepares ID cards, certificates of insurance, Accord applications, binders and cancellations under the direction of more senior-level staff.
- Learns to compile data for the Account Management Team to use in proposals and coverage checklists. May also assist in preparing proposals.
- Verifies that documentation (policies and endorsements,) and the information requested is accurate.
- Learns to perform policy checks, audit checks, and the process for completing coverage checklists and coverage recommendation letters (under the direction of senior-level staff)
- You may be the first line of answering billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from the Accounting Dept. when necessary. When an order comes in, verifies rates are correct, adjusts for any additional premium and expedites invoice at the direction from more senior level staff.
- Verifies the accuracy and compliance of requested documentation (policies and endorsements).
- Processes premium and non-premium endorsements and follows up with carriers for outstanding policies, endorsements, corrections, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confident in making sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Team player, adaptive to mentoring and continual learning
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
- May be required to work overtime as necessary
Education and/or Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent required. Additional education or training preferred.
- 0-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in NYC metro area is $40,000 – $55,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.