Executive Assistant - Hybrid
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for enhancing three Executive’s effectiveness by performing a wide variety of complex, diverse, sensitive and confidential administrative functions while providing overall gate-keeping and information management support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as gatekeeper to three Executives, understanding priorities in the organization and providing high level administrative support.
- Maintain heavy, complex and frequently changing calendars.
- Arrange corporate travel and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas, booking transportation, and arranging lodging and meeting accommodations.
- Coordinate meetings and appointments as directed by the Executives, reserving meeting space and preparing the conference room with audio-visual technology as needed.
- Schedule internal and external meetings and coordinates logistics for meetings/lunches.
- Coordinate all aspects of appointments, meetings and conference calls.
- Prepare and review materials and correspondence for meetings.
- Compile and modify presentations, spreadsheets and other various documents.
- Handle all confidential business matters and work independently on special assignments.
- Answer and screen incoming phone calls and place calls as directed.
- Handle personal matters as necessary.
- Participate in regular departmental meetings and training and development sessions as directed.
- Commitment to culture requires a demonstration of professionalism, accountability, customer/client focus and teamwork
- Provide a bridge for smooth, accurate communication between the Executives and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support.
- Actively participate with the Administrative support team on a variety of activities associated with NFP Austin
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must also have expert level communication skills and strong decision-making ability is essential. Must have the ability to interact diplomatically and professionally, while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality. The ability to work independently and multi-task is crucial. Exceedingly well organized, flexible and able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment is key. The ability to manage multiple priorities: several calendar requests to ensure each meeting is given the proper prioritization. Must be a power user in Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint, and proficient in Excel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Detailed Oriented: Someone who pays attention to the details and can make connections between cause & effect
- Strong Communication Skills: Someone who can effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Results Orientation: Someone who is bottom line oriented and knows how to steadily push themselves and others for results
- Organizational Skills: Knows what is important and can prioritize accordingly. Establishes priorities systematically with the ability to differentiate between urgent, important and unimportant. Strong multitasking skills are essential for success.
- Organizational Awareness: Someone who is perceptive, can pick up on nuances in group interactions. Has the confidence & courage to surface conflicting agendas and align them with business objectives.
- Adaptable: Someone who can role with the punch and remain resilient in times of uncertainty and stress.
- Team Player: Someone who is willing to pitch in where needed.
- Confidant: Someone who is capable of maintaining strict confidentiality and assessing when something should be treated as such.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least five years’ experience as an Executive Assistant supporting one or more Executives, preferably in Financial Services or Insurance.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.