Associate Underwriter II - Hybrid / Remote
Location: Telecommuter, CO
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
Work with the company’s underwriting team to prepare quotations for new and renewal customers, including data entry, preliminary rating, issuance of written proposals, invoicing, and more. Strong emphasis on customer service, ensuring that proposals are sent timely, information is gathered, collected and conveyed accurately, and that all functions are executed in accordance with the company’s delegated underwriting authority. Work closely with all departments in the office, including loss control, accounting, and IT to ensure all transactions are carried out efficiently and correctly. Contribute to the overall success of the underwriting department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Provide day-to-day support to the various Underwriter(s)
- Communicate effectively with the underwriting team and all support areas in order to meet the insurance needs of the company’s customers
- Issue policies
- Process endorsements
- Assist in underwriting of renewals and new business within letter of authority and UW guidelines
- Loss Control – order loss control surveys and review/document inspections and adherence to any recommendations
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of commercial insurance forms, process, and procedures
- Preferred working knowledge of:
- MGA Systems (IMS & NETRATE)
- Hazard HUB or Risk Meter
- Marshall & Swift
- ISO Net or ISO Familiarity
- MVR Ordering
- Any equivalent application or programs related to all of the above
- Detail oriented
- Self-directed, strong organizational skills
- A great communicator, both in written and verbal form
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in commercial property and casualty insurance
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in Colorado area is $45,000 annually to $55,000 annually.
The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.