Personal Lines Account Coordinator
Location: Miami Gardens, Florida
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Role at NFP
This is a support role, requiring the coordinator to assist the account teams by providing basic administrative and support functions in the team's day-to-day servicing of clients. The coordinator will gather and input data into the agency management system, provide assistance with various tasks and processes relative to new and renewal accounts. Will participate in special projects as assigned by management or senior level staff (e.g. Account Managers or Account Executives) and trainings with the team that will assist in their learning and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintain client files in accordance with office procedures.
- Prepares ID cards, certificates of insurance, Accord applications, binders and cancellations under direction of more senior level staff.
- Learns to compile data for the Account Management Team to use in proposals and coverage checklists. May, also assist in preparing proposals.
- Verifies that documentation (policies and endorsements,) and information requested are accurate.
- Learns to perform policy checks, audit checks, and the process for completing coverage checklists and coverage recommendation letters (under the direction of senior level staff).
- May be first line of answering billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from Accounting Dept. when necessary. When order comes in, verifies rates are correct, adjusts for any additional premium and expedites invoice at direction from more senior level staff.
- Verifies the accuracy and compliance of requested documentation (policies and endorsements).
- Processes premium and non-premium endorsements, follows up with carriers for outstanding policies, endorsements, corrections, etc.
- Assist with answering and routing client phone calls.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions.
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people.
- Team player, adaptive to mentoring and continual learning.
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports.
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to details.
- May be required to work overtime as necessary.
- Bilingual Preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- 0-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- 4-40 within 60 days of employment.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.