REMOTE Sr. Account Manager, Trade Credit
Location: West Hartford, Connecticut
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Senior Account Manager is responsible for managing the USA trade credit policies and supporting trade credit insurance producers’ efforts to market new business and service client accounts. You will be part of a small trade credit specialist team that work closely together while all working remotely. The position entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications with clients, colleagues, and markets. The Senior Account Manager will have responsibility for managing the renewal and marketing process from start to finish, in conjunction with the trade credit producers or P&C Account Executives and Advisors. In addition, this person prepares materials for presentations and communications for day-to-day client servicing. At this level, the Senior Account Manager takes an active speaking role in client meetings. While in this role, this person should be maintaining relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day servicing of the USA trade credit insurance policies.
- Works proactively to maintain relationships with carrier and client contacts. May lead client meetings for accounts assigned to them.
- The Senior Account Manager will have responsibility for managing the renewal and marketing process from start to finish, in conjunction with the Account Executives and Advisors.
- Communicates directly with clients and carriers, in collaboration with the Account Executive or Advisor/Client Executive.
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. Responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system.
- Will have an assigned book of business.
- Assist with Canadian trade credit accounts to balance workload of trade credit team.
- Develop confidential information directly from buyers and banks to support the resolution of coverage issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Able to work independently to service a small book of business and support the marketing of new business including renewing policies and pursue buyer financial information.
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions.
- Able to work overtime as necessary.
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Intermediate level of experience in agency management system(s)
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports.
- Familiar with corporate financial statements. Financial analysis capabilities or a willingness to develop this skill set.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision-making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS preferred
- Typically more than five years of industry and product line experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C Insurance License required within 6 months of joining NFP.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.