Location: Plainview, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
NFP is looking for an ERISA Paralegal to join our team in our Benefits Consulting practice.
- 10+ years of Paralegal experience, ideally working under ERISA
- An overall understanding of retirement plan documents and the associated processes
- Experience with document preparation and the Relius Corbel System
- 1-2 days per week in person, minimum
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of Products
- Drafting and restating Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit Plan documents
- Submission of Plan documents for IRS approval (5300s and 5310s)
- Preparation of Safe Harbor notices, SPDs and Plan Amendments
- Working in coordination with our in-house ERISA counsel
- Cataloging legal documents
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in NYC metro area is $70,000 annually to $90,000 annually.
The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.