Analyst, M&A (Remote)
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
Wealthspire Advisors is a New York City-based, independent registered investment advisory firm with over $17B in AUM. We have more than 200 employees serving clients from 18 offices in 10 states. With a strong commitment to a fiduciary business model, the firm believes in connecting all aspects of a client's financial life to deliver thoughtful, collaborative strategies that focus on what is most important to each client. Wealthspire Advisors acts as a wealth manager, investment advisor, consultant, and constant partner in helping clients achieve their aspirations. For more information on Wealthspire Advisors, please visit www.wealthspire.com.
This position is responsible for primarily supporting inorganic growth initiatives within the RIA industry. The Analyst will also work on projects related to business development and other corporate finance and marketing services as appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide execution support for M&A transactions and business due diligence
- Support review and retention related to prospect information, deal teasers, confidential information memoranda, management presentations, marketing, and other presentations
- Perform company and industry research
- Attend M&A and industry-related events and conferences
- Perform firm and team administrative duties
- Build relationships and maintain direct contact with deal participants, prospects and professional advisors
- Engage in ongoing personal development in line with the growth and development strategy
- Support periodic internal transaction meetings with diligence and integration teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- CRM Experience: The Analyst should have some experience with CRM systems. He/she will work actively with the M&A team to build and maintain a detailed pipeline of prospective M&A targets. This will include tracking all detailed information on prospects, and well as working with leadership to synthesize data and produce effective and insightful pipeline reporting. The Analyst will also work with M&A leadership team to design and implement a communication strategy to consistently connect with prospects to deepen engagement.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills, both in written and verbal form, are imperative for the M&A Analyst. The quality and clarity of her communication with prospective merger and acquisition targets will have a direct impact on M&A success.
- Microsoft Office/Software: The candidate must also demonstrate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, which will be necessary for the creation of both visually and verbally engaging reports and presentations for senior M&A management and collaborating personnel. The Analyst will collaborate with multiple departments to update and maintain marketing collateral that will be utilized with prospects as well as for internal reporting.
- Interpersonal Skills/People Skills: The candidate for the position must have an enthusiasm for making connections with new people. As a representative of the business to prospective merger and acquisition targets, the Analyst must possess strong interpersonal skills and a desire to engage prospective M&A candidates.
- Other Skills: The Analyst must be a motivated, enthusiastic self-starter with a desire to grow into leadership for the practice area. The Analyst must possess excellent critical thinking skills, be highly organized and able to handle multiple projects at one time. Strong attention to detail is required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, General Business, Marketing, or Communications preferred
- 0-4 years of experience preferably in Marketing or Communications, Investment Banking or Corporate M&A, within the RIA or financial services industries
What We Offer:
NFP and Wealthspire Advisors is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP and Wealthspire Advisors is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.