Commercial Account Manager II Transportation Specialty Lines (HYBRID)
Location: Ontario, California
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Account Manager II is responsible for working with Advisors/Client Executives and Account Executives to process renewal business in addition to assisting in day-to-day client needs for an assigned list of clients. This position is designed to be back-up for both departments. The position requires day-to-day client servicing for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. The Account Manager II will manage the renewal and marketing process and prepare materials for presentations and communications, in addition to this on the current customer base will be working on the day-to-day request of the Insured’s. Account Manager II works with the client after presentation of renewal quotation to obtain signed renewal forms and down payment. Complete package is turned over to Account Manger I for binding, updating Epic and providing proof of coverage to the Insured. Work is completed with a significant amount of independent discretion. While in this role, this person should be developing relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently to secure the renewal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contact Insured prior to EX date as established in the NFP Service Model to review operation so most accurate renewal pricing can be obtained. To include but not limited to policy limits, radius, commodities hauled, drivers and equipment values
- Works proactively to develop relationships with carrier and client contacts.
- Receives customers inquiries and performs follow up procedures to include providing price quotation, product information, and receiving feedback regarding company products and services.
- Prepare and send the request for proposals to applicable insurance carriers and spreadsheets results as they come in.
- Communicates directly with clients and carriers, presents renewal proposal to Insured.
- Understand and support established sales policies and procedures to provide proper and effective treatment of customers and foster the development of long-term business relationships.
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. May be responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system.
- Follow up on suspense items and outstanding information from binds.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
*At NFP we embrace collaboration and creativity. This role is considered hybrid. Employees may work remotely a few days per week.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology
- Spanish speaking a plus, but not required
Education and/or Experience
- Associates degree (or equivalent), and BA/BS preferred (negotiable) or
- More than 3 years’ client service and/or industry and product line experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- P&C Insurance License required.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position is $47,400 – $78,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.