Marketing Intern (West Region)
Location: Pleasant Hill, California
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
We’re looking for a highly motivated intern to work on the West Region Field Marketing team within NFP’s marketing department, responsible for driving marketing initiatives and targeted campaigns at the regional level. We connect marketing and sales together to achieve regional sales objectives. You’ll help manage field marketing activities such as events and tradeshows, brand awareness campaigns, content, creative assets, and digital. Work schedule flexible based on your class schedule. We believe a company is only as great as its employees, and want all of our employees to move forward personally and professionally. That’s why we’re committed to fostering a people-centric workplace that helps you learn and grow as you prepare for life after college.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility 3-4 days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Marketing support for sponsorships, tradeshows and client events
- Managing local office pages on nfp.com including content creation
- Client and internal email communications
- Copy editing your own work as well as that of other writers
- Work within established brand-compliant templates for content layout (sales sheets, white papers, PowerPoint presentations etc.)
- Participate in campaign brainstorm and content development initiatives
- Ability to work quickly and manage multiple projects/deadlines at a time
- Compile and organize data, create clear and concise reports and presentations
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Proficient in writing and editing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of social media management and reporting platforms is a plus
- Positive attitude and team player
- Ability to work autonomously and use critical thinking
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Education and/or Experience
- Currently enrolled in a four-year university pursuing a degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related discipline
- Prefer junior or senior level student
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: None Required
Intern can expect to learn
At the end of this internship, you will have supported the following types of projects/core initiatives:
- Understanding of brand marketing and how it contributes to corporate identity
- Improvement in professional and business communication skills
- Interpersonal skills needed to be successful when working within a collaborative team environment
- Time management skills
- Translating business objectives into measurable creative results
- Significance of leveraging content across multiple distribution channels
- Significance of having graphic and editorial standards (brand guidelines) in place for corporations
What We Offer
Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The hourly rate for this position in California is $22.00 per hour.
The hourly rate offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual hourly rate offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
NFP and You… Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.