Account Manager- Employee Benefits
Location: Norwell, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Role at NFP
Summary: The Account Manager is responsible for working with Advisors and Account Executives to service client accounts. The position requires supporting them in the day to day account management for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. The Account Manager will work with senior team members to manage the renewal and marketing process and prepare materials for presentations and communications. While in this role, this person will begin to lead open enrollment presentations with senior team member direction. They should be developing relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients. In this role, the Account Manager requires a great deal of supervision and direction from more senior team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with senior team members to prepare and send the request for proposals to applicable insurance carriers and spreadsheets results as they come in.
- Learning to reviewing contracts, benefit plan summaries, and carrier source documents for accuracy under the direction of the Account Executive or Advisor. At this level, they will begin to learn more complex compliance and regulatory policy language.
- Creates and maintain client files in accordance with office procedures. May be responsible for keeping client policy records
- Takes the lead on answering questions from clients and/or insurance company personnel such as ID card request, claims or billing questions
- Begins to develop ongoing relationships with clients. Coordinates with Senior Account Manager, Account Executives or Advisors in doing so.
- Begins to develop relationships with carrier representatives to better understand available products and services in the marketplace and recommend them to clients
- Learns vendor/carrier products and services from the more senior Account Manager or Account Executive.
- Begins to review and analyze requests for proposals and insurance plan analyses. Participates in negotiations with carriers and recommend renewal actions, under the direction of a senior team member.
- May assist Account Manager in drafting renewal presentations
- Assist with creating and updating benefits related guides, education resources for clients
- Learns how to conduct annual client compliance audits using NFP portal, assists more senior Account Managers in preparing document
- Attend to client requests including product or vendor service or performance challenges
- File form 5500 filing, reaching out for assistance as needed.
- Participates in client projects such as implementation of new business, open enrollment process, non-discrimination testing, etc. under the direction of more senior team members
- Create monthly, quarterly and annual reports for client review as needed
- Distribute monthly / quarterly newsletters and other briefings and content as appropriate
- Assist with creation of client corporate wellness programs and offerings
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision making skills
- Diligent follow up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree (or equivalent), and BA/BS preferred
- More than 3 years’ client service and/or industry and product line experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Appropriately licensed or ability to obtain licensing if required
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.