Commercial Insurance AVP/Client Services Manager (NY tri-state hybrid)
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role
The AVP, Client Services Manager is a full-time position, working with a small team of Producers (Advisors) to help manage and grow their book of business. While in this role, the AVP, Client Services Manager should liaise between the Producers and Account Management team to ensure a seamless renewal process for clients, assist the Producers in bringing in and marketing new business, and effectively deliver the resources of NFP to our clients. This role requires a strong understanding of all lines of commercial coverage, a self-starter attitude and excellent communication and follow-up skills.
This will be an ideal career move for an experienced Sr. Commercial Lines Account Executive looking to move into a liaison role with producers and the marketing team.
We offer a hybrid work schedule. This role requires some in-office responsibilities from our Plainview, NY office and may require client visits within the tri-state area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to act on and complete client requests and/or action items that may arise throughout the year. Including but not limited to:
- responding to new coverage requests, gathering information on a new company, acquisition or project, sending to marketing for quotes and reviewing for accuracy
- Meet with assigned Producers on a regular basis to assist with renewal and communication strategy and address client concerns
Responsibilities as it relates to Renewal Business:
- Serve as the line of communication between the Producers and Account management team to ensure that the renewal process is moving forward in a timely manner; maintain renewal calendar, perform appropriate outreach and ensure effective communication to clients and advisors regarding updates on incumbent and alternative options.
- Present renewals to clients with or without the Producer's presence.
- Document meeting takeaways and next steps; ensure proper execution.
Responsibilities as it relates to New Business:
- Assist assigned Producers in obtaining full submission from prospects and follow up on open opportunities and prospects when full submission is not fully completed and received.
- Prepare and edit proposals from Marketing and present to prospects, with assistance from Producers.
- Enter, and track leads for Producers using Salesforce System.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Knowledge of all areas of commercial coverage
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision-making skills
- Diligent follow-up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS preferred
- More than 8 years of middle to large market commercial line experience within the NY tri-state area
- Experience with the EPIC and Salesforce systems a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- P&C Insurance Broker's license required
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.The base salary range for this position in the NYC metro area is $100,000 – $150,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, the skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. The actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.