Senior Account Executive-Employee Benefits
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re NFP, a aix-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
The Role at NFP:
The Senior Account Executive interacts with clients on a day-to-day basis while developing and maintaining relationships with both client and carrier representatives. This individual will research, analyze, and evaluate medical, life, disability and other benefit plans and act as a benefit advisor to clients. This role requires the employee to take on the role of lead consultant and primary point of contact for clients. The Senior Account Executive is a seasoned advisor and may work on large, complex accounts with some degree of supervision and approval from their Supervisor. At this level, the Senior Account Executive may have direct supervision of team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiates terms, conditions, coverage limits and pricing with carriers and wholesalers.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with clients; Act as the subject matter expert on Health & Welfare Benefits and vendor/carrier products and services.
- Maintains a project plan to ensure client deliverables are provided on time. Delegates work to more junior team members to ensure completion.
- Uses online carrier tools to develop quotations, prepare, pre-renewal information and update client proposal tables. (small market only) Understand and articulate alternative funding strategies. (large market only)
- Build and maintain strong relationships with carriers, companies and clients. Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues
- Maintain relationships with carrier representatives in order to better understand available products and services in the marketplace and recommend them to clients.
- Anticipate client needs and identify the strategies to solve them.
- Review request for proposals and insurance plan analyses, negotiate with carriers and recommend renewal actions. Oversee implementations of new business.
- Understand and articulate alternative funding strategies.
- Work with director to develop and execute client strategy plan and defined deliverables.
- Oversee open enrollment process for clients; Review employee presentations and communication materials.
- Conduct and present annual client compliance audits.
- Genuine understanding of client financial mechanics and projections.
- Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues. Explain legislative guidelines including COBRA, HIPPA, ERISA, Section 125, and Health Care Reform to clients; Keep clients aware of updates on relevant
- Interpret plan rules to ensure compliance with Plan Documents and Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs).
- Review the work of the Account Managers on the team and provide informal mentorship to them.
- Ensure all client data is entered into CRM System (Salesforce) in a timely manner.
- May have direct supervisory responsibility of junior team members
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision making skills
- Diligent follow up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS preferred
- Typically more than 8 years industry and product line experience.
- 8+ years of health and welfare consulting experience required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License required
- GBA or CEBS Certification a plus
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in NYC metro area is $70,000 – $125,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.