Health Actuarial Intern
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary: The primary responsibilities of the Health Actuarial Intern will be to work with Excel workbooks under close scrutiny and review by supervisor for the following projects:
- IBNR Reports
- Self-insured Rate Equivalent calculations
- COBRA rate equivalent calculations
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings with the Benefits team as well as staff meetings and training with interns from other departments. The position is flexible between remote and in-office work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform the following essential duties satisfactorily:
- Prepare Excel workbooks to accommodate new data
- Import data into Excel workbooks
- Perform actuarial analyses
- Format reports after calculations are complete
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Requires attention to detail, good organization skills, and the ability to work independently
- Proficiency with MS Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Dedicated work ethic with a commitment to client service excellence
- Experience working in a team environment
Education and/or Experience:
- Pursuit of degree in actuarial sciences with a GPA above 3.0.
- Starting progress towards Society of Actuaries exams
- Insurance knowledge or experience a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: None Required
What We Offer
Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.