Account Executive-Employee Benefits
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:This is a full time exempt position. Position will have the responsibility to provide client advisory and consultative services for all health and welfare plans and services. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing monthly and quarterly reporting, strategic analysis, compliance and legislative guidance, contract and performance standards review, HR procedures assistance.
Essential Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with business development for self-funded opportunities
- Quarterly analysis for existing large clients
- Consultative reporting on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Vendor liaison for clients for all service, billing and eligibility issues with carriers
- Responsible for meeting summaries and follow up with team members and external vendors
- Familiarity with carrier contracts, polices and differentiators
- Responsible for maintaining outstanding checklists and renewal timelines for assigned clients
- Effective delegation and follow up with senior team members
- Contract review and compliance support
- Ensure marketing spreadsheet terms are accurately implemented and documented
- Proactive customer service and HR support
- Communication, education and wellness support coordinated with team members
- Maintain files and databases
- Implementation and compliance support in coordination with team members
- Assist and organize the onboarding process for all new business cases and new business lines on designated accounts
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced MS Office skills, to include excel, word, power point
- Strong client development and relationship building skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
Desired Qualifications: 5 years Client Management experience in Employee Benefits. Bachelor Degree preferred. Experience in self-funded, core benefits, voluntary benefits, ancillary benefits, and enrollment/eligibility systems options for clients
Licensing/Certifications: Resident state Life and Health Department of Insurance License
Working Conditions: Will work in a climate controlled office environment. As a 3 (21) and 3(38) ERISA fiduciary, it may be necessary for the Account Executive to travel to employer locations and meet with client committees on a quarterly basis. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
Physical Demand: Ability to sit at a computer for a long period of time as well in automobile and airplane for travel to client locations. Duties require standing, walking, talking, sitting, and hearing.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.