Affluent Personal Insurance Account Executive (Hybrid-Chicago)
Location: Telecommuter, IN
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
The Role at NFP
The Account Executive is a critical member of each office. You will manage the day-to-day responsibilities of existing client programs. You will manage a book of business and work with a team to provide sales support and multiple services to a range of clients.
We offer a hybrid work schedule sharing the week from our Chicago office and work-from-home.
- Manage, maintain, and create client programs, including group excess and special markets billing
- Negotiate coverage terms and pricing with carriers
- Work with other team members in providing sales support for the acquisition of new customers
- Assist with underwriting, pricing, and proposal preparation
- Attend outside meetings with marketing partners, client groups, and insurance carriers
- Expected to manage a book of business of approx. 300 accounts and $2-3M in premium
- Work with internal and external centers of influence to develop new business
- Ability to provide client support, develop and maintain relationships, and work independently on assigned accounts
- Lead by example regarding compliance with set policies
- P&C license required upon hire
- P&C Account/Client Management experience in Personal Lines/PCG
- Familiarity with major markets, such as AIG, Chubb/ACE, PURE, BerkleyOne and Cincinnati Financial. This includes knowledge of their products, appetite and experience with their quoting systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly professional and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with clients, colleagues, and carriers
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel
- A bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 2 years of Personal Lines industry and product line experience
- In addition to familiarity with the major markets as mentioned above, a familiarity with carriers such as Travelers and Progressive as well as The National Flood Ins. Program
- Experience with Epic a plus
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.