Director of Sales, Property & Casualty
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 and we're looking for a Director of Sales to join our team who'll be responsible for growing organic revenue with medium to highly complex clients through an integrated selling strategy. Manages sales results and maintains strong relationships with key client and prospect stakeholders.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility 2-3 days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and initiates plans to increase sales, lower costs and continuously improve operations.
- Leads sales activities with P&C complex clients and prospects (need to quantify the size of companies?) not necessary
- Develops sales plans and budgets for assigned region and/or client set as well as strategic goals and standards.
- Coaches others in closing complex deals, influencing others’ engagement and interaction with clients.
- Negotiates coverage terms and pricing with carriers.
- Develops and initiates plans to increase sales, lower costs, and continuously improve operations.
- Confers with senior management on setting targets and reports actual results.
- Reviews sales results with other members of the sales team, strategizing changes and troubleshooting problems.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key client and prospect stakeholders and carrier representatives.
- Acts as subject matter expert for company products and services.
- Provides mentoring and coaching to team members.
- Lead by example regarding compliance with set policies.
- Influences new hire selections and internal promotions that impact the sales team.
- Confers with VP and senior management on setting and achieving integrated selling targets.
- Total independent judgment on most matters; may report to the Vice President or other senior sales leaders on some matters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Knowledge of benefits administration, industry trends, carrier products, and services
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision-making skills
- Diligent follow-up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS preferred
- More than 5 years of directly related industry sales experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Insurance Broker's license required within 45 days following the hire date, representing the coverages being sold. (e.g. P&C broker’s license or Life and Health broker's license.)
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.