Processor - Entry Level, Commercial Lines Insurance (Vermont)
Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
This is a support role, requiring the coordinator to assist the account teams by providing basic administrative and support functions in the team's day-to-day servicing of clients. The coordinator will gather and input data into the agency management system, provide assistance with various tasks and processes relative to new and renewal accounts. Will participate in special projects and training as assigned by management or senior level staff (i.e. Account Managers or Account Executives).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintain client files in accordance with office procedures.
- Prepares ID cards, certificates of insurance, Accord applications, binders and cancellations under direction of more senior level staff.
- Learns to compile data for the Account Management Team to use in proposals and coverage checklists. May also assist in preparing proposals.
- Verifies that documentation (policies and endorsements,) and information requested are accurate.
- Learns to perform policy checks, audit checks, and the process for completing coverage checklists and coverage recommendation letters (under the direction of senior level staff).
- When order comes in, verifies rates are correct, adjusts for any additional premium and expedites invoice at direction from more senior level staff.
- Verifies the accuracy and compliance of requested documentation (policies and endorsements).
- Processes premium and non-premium endorsements, follows up with carriers for outstanding policies, endorsements, corrections, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Team player, adaptive to mentoring and continual learning
- Attention to details
- May be required to work overtime as necessary
Education and/or Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- 0-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.