Employee Benefits Intern
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Our Employee Benefits group is seeking students in junior/senior year interested in learning more about careers in insurance consulting and brokerage. Our NY and Massachusetts locations provide students with the opportunity to work in one of our three primary offices, Midtown NYC, Franklin Street, Boston and Norwell Massachusetts. The role offers flexibility in a hybrid work environment.
Following the internship, there may be an opportunity for full time employment.
What you will do:
Interns are assigned to a team leader, who will be responsible for work assignments. Collaborating with NFP’s Human Resources team, the team leader will also support learning and development opportunities for the intern. These opportunities could include exposure to NFP leaders, information sessions regarding NFP disciplines and career paths, and industry educational session.
Day to day activities will include many of the following:
- Assistance with insurance program renewals, competitive market reviews and client presentations
- Assistance with creation and updating of benefits guides and educational resources
- Financial analysis
- Assistance with benchmarking surveys and reports
- Support with NFP’s processes to include Salesforce, NFP Connect, and Financial Reporting
- Data compilation and other support and assistance with ad hoc project
Who you are:
- Pursuing BA/BS degree currently with a graduation date before June 2024
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to problem solve
- Relationship builder
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and writing) and interpersonal skills
- Works well independently and as part of a team
Our internship program will offer you the opportunity to:
- Learn the benefits industry with training and hands on projects
- Meet professionals from across the organization
- Work in an office environment (hybrid)
- Understand what it’s like to be in client-focused industry
- Learn about the various disciplines at NFP and the available career paths
What We Offer
Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.