Personal Insurance Account Manager/Account Executive, Group Excess Liabilit
Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
The Account Manager or Account Executive interacts with clients on a day-to-day basis while developing and maintaining relationships with both client and carrier representatives. This is a team-based approach to client management. We’re seeking an organized and highly motivated insurance account manager to join our growing team. Responsibilities include managing client communications, nurturing key relationships, and keeping track of all necessary documentation, paying close attention to any policy changes, important deadlines, and legal regulations. You will help customers understand their coverage, and ensure all relevant data is properly tracked in our secured systems. This is a chance to build on your experience, with room for growth. If you’re looking to take on an important account management role during this period of high growth as we attain new business, we’ll provide the training you need to succeed in this position.
This is a full-time position with the flexibility of a hybrid schedule working two days from home and three days from our Alpharetta, GA 30022 office (required). The title of AM or AE will be commensurate with experience and credentials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Give clear answers to clients on any coverage or billing questions including information on rate fluctuations or policy changes to ensure full understanding
- Update policy changes on customer accounts in our book of business and inform clients about policy changes
- Consult with clients to help process and issue renewals, updates, and any cancellations
- Manage annual client renewal for assigned firms including expanding participation and other offerings
- Maintains proper level of communication and build effective relationships with clients, brokers and companies
- Prepare materials for presentations and communications, in collaboration with more senior team members
- Work is completed with a significant amount of independent discretion
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Excellent written communication skills – writes clearly; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numeric data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
- Self-confident and self-motivated to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people/personalities
- Strong leadership skills
- Possess technical expertise plus good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Strong attention to detail, decision-making skills and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology
Education and/or Experience:
- Active insurance license in the state of Georgia or willing to get licensed within the first 30 days
- Insurance broker or agent experience preferred and/or we will provide training as needed for the right fit and skillset
- Graduates from a Risk Management Program highly considered
- Must have very strong organizational, follow-up, written and verbal communication skills and problem-solving skills including self-motivation to complete requests and activities on time
- Candidates should have basic computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- BA/BS or insurance industry training and/or license preferred
- More than 3 years of client service and/or industry and product line experience preferred
- Experience with EPIC or other client management CRM preferred
- High-level client management required
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C Insurance License preferred or able to obtain within 30 days of hire
- CIC, CPCU or other P&C designation preferred
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.