Business Analyst - Remote
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota
Job Type: Full time
Fieldtech is building the new operating system for financial representatives selling insurance. We replace the existing complex web of 4-7 technical solutions with a cohesive, process-oriented platform that automates manual workflows and empowers team members to focus on what they do best. We are at the beginning of our journey in reinventing the Operating System that drives $50B+ of annual revenue and in doing so, bringing insurance services into the 21st century to help bolster financial security for the nearly 40M US households who don’t have sufficient coverage to thrive in times of hardship.
What’s the opportunity?
Fieldtech was developed by a leading team of insurance and financial service executives and is already powering one of the nation’s premier financial planning and advisory firms in the US. We have received a significant capital commitment from a strategic capital partner and as a result, are positioned with the cash, horsepower, and strategic relationships to move quickly to modernize an antiquated industry that is particularly slow to evolve. If you are energized by turning complex, labor-intensive workflows into elegant and modern technical solutions – we want you on our team.
We are a remote-friendly company, but are hybrid-flexible and look forward to the opportunity of having a teammate work with us in our core NYC office or satellite Austin office 1-2 days per week.
We are looking for a product-minded emerging leader with a passion for solving high impact, complex problems with simple, user-centric software solutions. Our Business Analysts are tasked with reimagining existing operational processes by analyzing current workflows of our users and collaborating cross functionally to outline new product features and updates. We are particularly excited to hear from candidates who show strong product ownership and enjoy switching between engineering management and being hands on with technical work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze business needs to identify use cases, new processes, and process improvements that will meet those needs
- Use your product vision and knowledge of best practices to gather, develop and document requirements for new features
- Support the daily management of the intersection of our Roadmap and Backlog. Capture input from a wide range of stakeholders (Engineering, QA, Customer Success, Leadership) and understand and prioritize work items to keep the team working on the most impactful projects
- Participate in the prioritization and sizing of business requirements
- Translate the business requirements into acceptance criteria using the “Given, When, Then” format
- Participate in user acceptance testing and testing of new system functionality
- Manage the backlog of our product roadmap and collaborate with company leadership to ensure global understanding and buy-in for feature prioritization with a focus on sprint planning
- Conducts system demonstrations, training sessions, as well as participate in design/review of training content
- Support the organization of the product backlog by maintaining structure around user stories, features and epics
- Work closely with Customer Support to document and address identified bugs, needed enhancements, and proposed new features
- Leverage your platform expertise to contribute to special projects such as UAT exercises, enhancing our component library, or developing and monitoring OKRs
- You have 2 years industry experience and a demonstrated track record of delivering exceptional SaaS product
- 1+ Years Agile/Scrum experience with a focus on developing acceptance criteria and writing user stories
- 1+ Years working in product management at the intersection if insurance distribution and B2B SaaS
- You enjoy working collaboratively, take pride in your communication, and thrive with a high level of autonomy
- Proven ability to work with remote teams with high level of rigor, driving best practices
- Intense intellectual curiosity and the initiative to learn new things
About Our Tech Stack
Our Front End is built with React and uses GraphQL, SignalR, and REST to communicate with our .NET API. Our middle-tier talks to an Azure SQL Database, Redis key-value store, and an Orleans cluster. Our source control (Git), build, and release pipelines are hosted by Azure DevOps and we have build and release automation in place. Our infrastructure has been built in Azure exclusively using PaaS components. We believe that coding is fun and that a good developer experience keeps it fun. We believe in software craftsmanship and that “building it right” is more important than building it fast.
We are a joint venture with NFP Corp and are a remote-friendly company and always look forward to the potential of having teammates in our core NYC office. We also have a satellite office in Austin, TX. FieldTech supports a distributed workforce – so an ability to collaborate across geographies is important.
We are open to this role residing anywhere in the US, therefore this position is posted in multiple locations. NOTE: Hires located in Austin, TX or the metropolitan NY/NJ area will work in a hybrid capacity, where they are in the office a few times per week.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to change the life insurance landscape
- An unparalleled opportunity to build something new, with lasting value, and create a working environment that helps individuals thrive professionally and personally
- A culture that promotes great relationships both inside and outside the office
- Highly competitive salary and benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision; 401k w/ company matching, generous PTO
- Ad hoc treats, events, continuing education and of course, company swag
The base salary range for this position in NYC metro area is $65,000 – $95,000.
The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
Our team celebrates diverse backgrounds. We believe a team as diverse as the populations our users serve is critical to our success. Individuals seeking employment at Fieldtech or NFP Corp are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.