Location: Pequannock Township, New Jersey
Job Type: Full time
Who We are: We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary: NFP Retirement is searching for mass affluent wealth advisor to get paid to prospect. NFP will provide access to the employees of 401(k) and 403(b) corporate clients where the advisor will provide employee education and leverage our proprietary financial wellness platform, Wellcents, to help employees and create relationships to ultimately become their wealth advisor. Administrative support is included. Conduct group and individual retirement plan participant education meetings. Specialist expected to grow a client block, increase employee participation, increase employee deferrals, and provide investment education. Some travel required. Training provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secure individual clients.
- Conduct group and individual participant education meetings in-person and virtual.
- Serve as primary point of contact and lead consultant for clients.
- Provide prompt, courteous and excellent service. Actively interact with clients and their employees to ensure we are delivering upon promised deliverables and service expectations.
- Develop relationships with centers of influence
- Cross-sell all lines of business and services available at NFP
- Ensure client is satisfied with the investment process, reports and any information provided on the client’s behalf. Ability to bring in new business, manage the sales process, and respond to RFPs
- Deliver investment due diligence and assist clients with understanding and meeting their fiduciary responsibilities.
- Serve as primary consultant in meetings. Prepare for meetings in advance and ensure follow up and execution of deliverables following the meetings.
- Manage vendor relationships and ensure they are giving clients the level of service as promised by NFP.
- Consult with NFP’s internal ERISA teams to ensure proper compliance in regard to all client plans and potential issues.
- Respond to client (and at times, plan participant) questions or concerns. Ensure questions or issues are resolved in an accurate and timely manner.
- Serve as mentor to junior team members, and assist them with servicing issues such as enrollment, rollovers and distributions. Review their draft presentations and plan marketing prior to presentation to client. Assist in the training of new team members.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
The position is an opportunity for ambitious, collaborative, self-starters, who have a strong desire to learn and create positive outcomes for employees who participate in the plan. This career offers much sought after and long-term, upwardly mobile opportunities. Financial growth over time can be significant for top performers who embrace the challenge of learning the diverse and significant technical requirements needed to be proficient.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Investment familiarity
- Building and managing client relationships; Retirement plan knowledge
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, bright, hardworking, enthusiastic, positive attitude.
Education and/or Experience:
- CFA and CFP field of study helpful
- College degree
- 3 years’ experience required
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Candidate must have any one of FINRA Series 6, 63 or 65 to apply; once hired, all three must be secured (we will sponsor)
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
What We Offer: NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.