Account Management Intern
Location: Lehi, Utah
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility a few days a week.
Summary: This is a full-time position for the summer months, working a Director and an account team to service client accounts and begin to build relationships with the clients, vendors and other internal and external resources. The position requires day to day account management for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. Intern will be responsible to complete a project at the direction of their supervisor and present their findings at the end of the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Directors and account team in day to day client servicing
- Develop relationships with clients, team members and vendor partners
- Assist with team with client renewals, meeting presentations and special projects
- Assist with creating and updating benefits related guides for clients
- Assist with collection and management of annual benchmarking surveys
- Assist teams in preparation of RFP’s for vendor products and services to ensure best-in-class offerings for clients
- Assist with creation of client corporate wellness programs and offerings
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to initiate and follow through with independent projects
- Excellent communication (verbal and writing) and interpersonal skills
- Cultivating relationship ability
- Strong problem solving ability
- Customer service oriented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Wlling to work up to 40 hours per week
Education and/or Experience:
- Rising senior of a four-year university preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience in college, community, internship, or co-op experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Interest in Insurance Industry
What We Offer
Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.