Vice President, Property & Casualty (Hybrid)
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
Thompson Flanagan Executive Liability Group, LLC is seeking a Vice President for its Property & Casualty team. This role is responsible for growing organic revenue with medium to highly complex clients through an integrated selling strategy. Manages sales results, maintains strong relationships with key client and prospect stakeholders and carriers, and is responsible for policy compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of ongoing client service relationships for approximately 18-25 clients.
- Negotiate terms, conditions, coverage limits, and pricing with carriers and wholesalers on behalf of clients and prospects for renewal and new business opportunities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships through open and clear communication channels with carriers, clients, producers, and internal partners.
- Communicate due dates, timelines, and expectations to clients and internal partners.
- Respond to the client’s (or account management team’s) queries and concerns to resolve issues promptly.
- Maintain a diary (follow-up system) to ensure policies, endorsements, and other binding documents are delivered to insureds.
- Proactively identify issues; summarize and develop strategic solutions.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with carriers and clients through regular contact, client visits, and attending industry events and social gatherings.
- Conduct or attend employee, carrier, and client meetings as part of the team to strengthen and hone communication and presentation skills.
- An average of 15-25% of the time out of the office and overnight travel should be expected periodically.
- Remains informed regarding industry information and new product information.
- Expected to further industry education and new skills through insurance courses with the intent to pursue an industry designation.
- Expected to be a strong member of the community and further personal development in volunteer opportunities.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Possess technical expertise plus strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written communication skills – writes clearly; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numeric data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people/personalities.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and self-confident to make sound independent decisions.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner.
- Possess strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management skills; task-oriented; excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize workload.
- Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances, professional demeanor, sensitivity to client needs, creative and innovative.
- High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Office 365 Products.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years prior commercial insurance experience.
- 4-year college degree or industry-specific designation preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Must currently hold an active Property and Casualty license and retain the license by meeting the continuing education requirements.
About Thompson Flanagan:
Thompson Flanagan is a premier insurance brokerage firm, one born from the belief that there’s a better way to operate as brokers. Thompson Flanagan pairs world-class responsiveness with a rigorous approach to the understanding and appreciation of our clients’ business challenges to determine the best ways to tackle them. Our team-based model empowers every team member to add value and our entrepreneurial mindset keeps everyone relentlessly focused on our clients’ success.
Insurance is complex. That’s why we (at Thompson Flanagan) act as true advocates for our clients—many of whom are law firms, private equity and title companies across the country. We guide them through this maze, knowing how much the right solution can mean to their business. We treat them as we’d like to be treated—keeping them top of mind, communicating openly and being proactive on their behalf. We work as a team, share information constantly and always try to find an even better solution.
Thompson Flanagan assures equal employment opportunity in all its hiring and employment policies and practices. These policies and practices are administered without regard to legally protected categories such as: race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy status or medical conditions related to childbirth, and/or any other factor protected by law.
Thompson Flanagan is a wholly owned subsidiary of NFP, Corp.