(REMOTE) Commercial Account Coordinator Health Care & Life Sciences Practic
Location: Santa Ana, California
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary: This is a support role, requiring the coordinator to assist the account teams by providing administrative and support functions in the team's day-to-day servicing of clients. The coordinator will gather and input data into the agency management system, and provide assistance with various tasks and processes relative to new and renewal accounts. Will participate in special projects as assigned by management or senior-level staff (e.g. Account Managers or Account Executives) and training with the team that will assist in their learning and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures
- Prepares ID cards, certificates of insurance, Accord applications, binders, and cancellations
- Learns to compile data for the Account Management Team to use in proposals and coverage checklists
- May assist in preparing proposals
- Verifies that documentation (policies and endorsements,) and information requested is accurate
- Learns to perform policy checks, audit checks, and the process for completing coverage checklists and coverage recommendation letters (under the direction of senior-level staff)
- May be first line of answering billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from Accounting Dept. when necessary. When order comes in, verifies rates are correct, adjusts for any additional premium and expedites invoice at direction from more senior level staff
- Verifies the accuracy and compliance of requested documentation (policies and endorsements)
- Processes premium and non-premium endorsements, follow up with carriers for outstanding policies, endorsements, corrections, etc
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Team player, adaptive to mentoring and continual learning
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports.
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
- May be required to work overtime as necessary
Education and/or Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Epic experience required
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C License is generally not required at this level but may be required per state law.
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.