Aviation Practice Leader
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Responsible for leading the Aviation team in overseeing NFP’s existing book of business and drive further growth through collaboration with NFP Producers nationally as well as self-generated new business. Proven expertise in new business generation, placement and servicing of Aviation risks as well as effective team leadership.
Qualifications / Responsibilities
- Demonstrated understanding of aviation risks and technical coverage expertise
- Strong carrier / underwriter relationships with relevant aviation markets
- Proven experience in new business generation, account management, broking excellence, and general management
- Partner with the Regional Sales Leaders and Producers to achieve collective annual sales goals through collaborating on cross-sell efforts and supporting colleagues on new business opportunities
- Provide leadership, direction, advice, and guidance to the team maintaining high levels of integrity, motivation, and morale
- Oversee the development of proposals and presentations for key clients and prospects
- Identify and communicate market trends with respect to carrier appetite, terms and conditions, capacity, rate changes, etc.
- Positively and proactively represent NFP at meetings, seminars, trade shows and COI networking events
- Ensure adherence to NFP’s Service Model process, protocols, and deliverables
- Participate on financial forecast calls to provide insight on existing book and new business opportunity pipeline
Education and/or Experience
- Six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017- 2022
- Historically, NFP was primarily focused on the corporate benefits space – we have enjoyed tremendous success in cross-selling P&C into clients of other NFP business segments
- Began building out P&C capability 10 years ago, largely through acquisitions
- In 2019, NFP P&C underwent transformational change by unifying all P&C businesses into national platforms; began building out national industry and brokering practices across North America
- Today NFP is a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor with over 7,500 colleagues and $2.5B revenue with operations in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- NFP’s Specialty business is a focused group of experts in key industry, product, and program businesses – 20 specialties, over 560 subject matter experts, +$260M annual revenue
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- P&C License required or obtained within 90 days of employment
- Achieved one or more advanced industry designation(s) (e.g. CPCU, CIC, ARM)
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.