Payroll Coordinator (Hybrid)
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 and we're looking for a Payroll Coordinator to join our team who'll be responsible for supporting the overall strategy and implementation of the company’s corporate and field initiatives. The Sr. HR Coordinator is responsible for positively promoting NFP’s brand strategy and executing best practices internally as well as externally to the organization.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility 2-3 days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process bi-weekly payroll for the Central region including submission of adjustments, timesheet submissions, manual payrolls, reporting and HRIS maintenance.
- Review payroll registers for accuracy and work with key Central region work partners.
- Coordinate with HR for any changes in payroll (e.g. terminations, new hires, promotions, etc.) and process employee onboarding and offboarding.
- Respond to employees’ needs by email and internal ticketing tool and work with others on the HR team to help educate on relevant employment policies, programs, and practices, specifically related to payroll.
- Assist with other HR areas such as LOA, I-9
- Take ownership in the employee experience and contribute directly to the company culture for all employees.
- Obsess over the customer experience in every interaction while balancing the needs of the employee.
- Work very closely with the Vice President of Human Resources for the Central region as well as other members of HR.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Learning Agility, the person in this role should be relentless at learning and is willing to attempt alternative solutions, without compromising ethics.
- Highly organized individual who is meticulous with details.
- Adaptable, the individual in this role should be able to be flex to varying time deadlines as well as workloads.
- Approachable, the person in this role will be required to help to put others at ease when educating employees regarding their payroll statements. The person will have the ability to build rapport and be a good listener.
- Service Oriented, in this role the person will be aware of the customer’s needs whether they are an internal or external customer. Respond courteously, timely and professionally for all communications.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- An individual possessing critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Results Orientation, knows how to steadily push themselves and others to accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Technology Oriented, In this role you will be required to utilize various software and technologies for processing of payroll as well for other assigned duties.
- Process Oriented, in the role the individual will create and improve processes to assist in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of payroll. Additionally, performs audits and process reviews to ensure optimal workflows.
- Ability to understand the importance of discretion and confidentiality in the type of work we do.
Education and/or Experience
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and MS PowerPoint, SmartSheet is required.
- Prior experience with the HRIS system, UltiPro, is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience which includes Human Resources Coordination and Administrative support. The more experienced the individual the more flexible we can be with the assignment of tasks.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.