Personal Insurance Account Coordinator: WILL TRAIN (In Office-Miramar, FL)
Location: Miramar, Florida
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
This is a support role, requiring the coordinator to assist the account teams by providing basic administrative and support functions in the team's day-to-day servicing of clients. The coordinator will gather and input data into the agency management system, provide assistance with various tasks and processes relative to new and renewal accounts. Will participate in special projects as assigned by management or senior level staff (e.g. Account Managers or Account Executives) and trainings with the team that will assist in their learning and development.
This is a full-time position working daily from our Miramar, FL office (required). P&C Insurance experience is highly preferred. We will train candidates with admin/ops experience and a clear interest in an insurance career.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures.
- Prepares ID cards, certificates of insurance, Accord applications, binders and cancellations under the direction of more senior-level staff.
- Learns to compile data for the Account Management Team to use in proposals and coverage checklists. , May also assist in preparing proposals.
- Verifies that documentation (policies and endorsements,) and the information requested are accurate.
- Learns to perform policy checks, audit checks, and the process for completing coverage checklists and coverage recommendation letters (under the direction of senior-level staff).
- May be the first line of answering billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from the Accounting Dept. when necessary. When an order comes in, verifies rates are correct, adjusts for any additional premium and expedites invoice at the direction of more senior level staff.
- Verifies the accuracy and compliance of requested documentation (policies and endorsements).
- Processes endorsements, follows-up with carriers for outstanding policies, corrections, etc.
What You'll Do:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confident in making sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Team player, adaptive to mentoring and continual learning
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
- May be required to work overtime as necessary
- Able to navigate multiple computer software and systems and CRMs
What We're Looking For:
- Florida 4-40 Customer Rep. License is preferred or able to obtain within 3 months of hire
- P&C insurance experience preferred- equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid organizational, and administrative experience with MS Office Suite knowledge
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- High School graduate or equivalent required. Additional education preferred
What We Offer:
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.