VP/SVP Human Resources Leader, Wealth Management
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,400 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Human Resources Leader for NFP’s Wealth Management businesses (Wealthspire Advisors and Lenox Advisors) will provide overall support for leaders and employees. The position is a balance of driving strategic initiatives while driving day-to-day tactical operations. The position requires the candidate to partner with the Regional Presidents of Weathspire and Lenox as well as the NFP Chief People Officer to ensure the implementation, and monitoring of company HR strategies and solutions, with a focus on driving success and meeting business goals and objectives, while improving working relationships, building morale, increasing productivity and supporting NFP’s PeopleFirst culture. The position will partner with business leaders on organizational design, workforce planning, talent acquisition, succession planning, compensation, and employee relations. The position will lead a team of HR professionals as well as partner with HR Shared Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Workforce Planning & Talent Acquisition
- Assist leaders with workforce planning to identify and analyze what the needs in terms of workforce (size, type, experience, knowledge, skills and quality) to achieve business objectives.
- Develop and maintain consistent job titles and descriptions across the business/locations.
- Ensure employee onboarding and orientation processes are being conducted using NFP resources and materials through HR team staff.
- Drive and facilitate effective performance management practices (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) to create and maintain a high-performance culture that improves organizational capability.
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers on carrying out goal setting, performance reviews and providing feedback to employees.
Learning and Development
- Coordinate with HR Talent Development team to support talent development and training for the organization.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow-up with Talent Development team, managers, and associates to ensure training objectives are met.
- Work with leaders and HR staff to drive NFP’s Peoplefirst culture by promoting company-wide initiatives and building initiatives to support employee engagement; Release organizational communication, to ensure a positive employee experience and employee engagement.
- Integrate NFP’s diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging strategy for Central Region
- Participates in the implementation and administration of compensation, bonus and incentive programs and structures.
- Partner with compensation to team to provide compensation benchmarking.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
Policies, Procedures and Employee Relations
- Provides counsel and direction to HR Staff, leaders, supervisors, and employees to address employment-related matters.
- Maintain full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations related to employment, employee relations, compensation and all other aspects of human resources.
- Conducts investigations in response to formal complaints.
- Manages disciplinary and separation processes through HR staff.
- Ensures offices are trained on the Company's employment-related policies as required by law.
- Interpret and administer company policies for employees and management.
- Participate with other members of HR team to serve as employee advocate while balancing role of internal business partner.
Monitors employment practices and decisions to ensure fair and ethical practices that foster effective employee relations, reduced turnover, and promote and maintain a high level of employee morale and harmonious environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Ability to provide strategic HR support.
- Sound knowledge of employee relations practices.
- Knowledge of US employment regulations.
- Detail oriented and task focused.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Education and/or Experience:
- 15+ years’ experience as an HR professional leading an organization, subsidiary, or region.
- Financial Services industry experience required. Wealth Management industry experience preferred.
- Experience leading a team of HR professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree with course work in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field.
What We Offer:
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position is $165,000 – $250,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.