Senior Account Manager, Commercial Lines (VT-hybrid or remote)
Location: Peabody, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
The Senior Account Manager is responsible for working with Advisors/Client Executives and Account Executives to service client accounts. The position requires supporting them in day-to-day account management for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. The Senior Account Manager will have responsibility for managing the renewal and marketing process from start to finish, in conjunction with the Account Executives and Advisors. In addition, this person prepares materials for presentations and communications and assists team members with day-to-day client servicing. At this level, the Senior Account Manager takes an active speaking role in client meetings. While in this role, this person should be maintaining relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients. This role is available on a hybrid schedule from our New England region offices or fully remote for experienced candidates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works proactively to maintain relationships with carrier and client contacts. May lead client meetings for accounts assigned to them.
- The Senior Account Manager will have responsibility for managing the renewal and marketing process from start to finish, in conjunction with the Account Executives and Advisors.
- Communicates directly with clients and carriers, in collaboration with the Account Executive or Advisor/Client Executive.
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. Responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system.
- Will have an assigned book of business.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions.
- Able to work overtime as necessary.
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Intermediate level of experience in EPIC or other agency management system(s)
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS preferred
- Typically more than five years industry and product line experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C Insurance License required
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.