Commercial Insurance Sr. Account Executive (Hybrid or Remote: NY,NJ,CT,PA)
Location: White Plains, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
The Senior Account Executive interacts with clients on a day-to-day basis while developing and maintaining relationships with both client and carrier representatives. You will will prepare applications, specifications and marketing strategies for new business as well as the renewals of assigned clients with little to no supervision from their Supervisor on difficult lines. This role requires the employee to take on the role of lead consultant and primary point of contact for clients. The Senior Account Executive may work on large, complex accounts with large premiums and multifaceted coverages.
This position will ideally work a hybrid schedule from our White Plains-Westchester office. We will consider highly qualified candidates in the Northeast region who can attend meetings a few times a month in White Plains, with additional visits on an as-needed basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiates terms, conditions, coverage limits and pricing with carriers and wholesalers.
- level facilitates requests and needs of the carriers on behalf of NFP's clients.
- Works with the Claims Department on relevant claims for assigned clients.
- Requires expertise in multi-line accounts with more complex coverages including retrospective rating plans for large lines of coverages and foreign packages.
- Maintains a diary (follow-up system) to ensure policies, endorsements and other information is received to comply with requests
- May supervise and direct the daily job activities of the Coordinators, Account Managers and Account Executives.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with carriers, and clients through regular contact and client visits.
- Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Excellent written communication skills – writes clearly; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numeric data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people/personalities
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess technical expertise plus good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Typically, more than 8 years of industry and product line experience with some knowledge of ancillary coverage, (Management/Professional Liability
- P&C Brokers License required upon hire
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Experience using carrier's online rating systems
- Epic experience is a plus. Experience with an agency mngt system is required
- BA/BS preferred
- Typically more than 8 years of industry and product line experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Property & Casualty Broker's License required upon hire
- Professional insurance designation preferred (such as CIC, CISR, CPCU, etc.) a plus
What We Offer:
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position is $73,000 – $137,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.