(Hybrid) Market Analyst, Corporate Benefits
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Job Type: Full time
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance and we're looking for a Market Analyst to join our team who'll be responsible for working within an Account Management team. The Market Analyst an internal resource for various activities and assists with the production of client presentations and carrier negotiations. In the role, you will provide input and contributions to tasks and projects.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility 2-3 days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and creating presentations of reporting and plan details to customers during mid-year and renewal meetings, as well as ad-hoc needs throughout the year.
- Becoming familiar with multiple client benefit plans and carrier reporting and carrier sites.
- Managing requests for proposal process from delivery to carriers to final presentation for customers.
- Evaluating carrier requests, benefit plan reviews, and presentation materials.
- Ensuring proper pricing and commission levels are met based upon the guidance of the Advisor(s) and Account Manager(s).
- Collecting and analyzing health care data for reporting needs for Fully Insured Medical plans and ancillary.
- Completing special client projects involving data analysis, including surveys/benchmarks and other similar arrangements.
- Providing ongoing communication updates to the Market Analyst and Account Manager teams to ensure efficient workflow.
- Participating in internal team meetings; sharing knowledge and experience with teams to aid in the growth and development of teammates and organization.
- Participating in projects and discussions related to the Advisory, Analytics, and Client Operations services.
- Ensuring benefit plans, client and carrier data are updated and accurate in the Agency System.
- Preparing and delivering upon client project timelines.
- Technical problem solving; Preparing/building reports which require analysis and testing before communication and adoption.
- Updating agency systems, incumbent checklist, Salesforce group client information, contacts, and reports.
- Printing and creating binders of customer presentations which includes ad-hoc printing requests.
- Performing work with attention to detail in a fast-paced office environment.
- Interacting with others in person, via phone, and through email.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Understanding laws and regulations that govern plans.
- Developing strong working relationships.
- Being meticulous with detail and accuracy in deliverables.
- Understanding technical products, working with vendors, and building relationships with partners.
- Organizing, designing, and maintaining systems and processes that support projects and teams.
- Being a team builder and a team player.
- Communicating and presenting (both verbally and in writing).
- Meeting deadlines and providing direction to teammates to complete projects on varied activities at one time.
- Adapting to and remaining flexible in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client/team needs.
- Responding in a calm and effective manner to a variety of demands, projects, and personality types.
- Socializing in a professional manner while representing the company respectably.
- Organizing and maintaining accurate record and filing systems.
- Demonstrating commitment, dedication, and self-motivation.
- Being open to travel, keeping a flexible schedule, and maintaining a good driving record.
- Taking initiative and developing formalized processes.
- Operating Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis in Excel.
- Utilizing technology, (i.e., computer, printer, business software, and phone).
- Salesforce and Tableau knowledge a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, finance, or a related major (required).
- Zero to three years of related experience within a professional services company or related field (preferred).
- Account management or project/team leadership experience (preferred).
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Employees required to possess or obtain the Illinois Life and Health License within 4 months of employment.
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.