Entry Level P&C Insurance Processor - (Long Island hybrid)
Location: Albany, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,500 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
This is an entry-level opportunity with a career path to Account Coordinator, Account Manager and beyond. In this role, you will provide support to the department using clerical and analytical skills to assist Account Managers and Executives in the daily management of Property & Casualty policies. Must be able to efficiently and accurately execute agency processes that provide account leaders with quality management data per policy. Strong computer skills along with effective verbal, written and electronic communication are required. Will be able to perform within a team environment building long-lasting relationships with customers, agency partners, company leadership and staff.
This is a full-time position working a hybrid schedule from our Long Island office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mail handling including input to the agency management system per agency guidelines.
- Pull policy correspondence reports from carrier websites and manage carrier e-mail delivery of similar reports.
- Provide proofs of insurance per agency guidelines.
- Utilize agency management system to provide quality control checks in new business/renewal policies, endorsements, audits, etc…against account management activity.
- Execute policy correspondence delivery to the client per agency guidelines and procedures.
- Input and communicate appropriately notice of cancellations, non-renewals and reinstatements.
- Operate a variety of standard office machines, including a personal computer with a variety of software, phone, fax, calculator, and shredding, photocopy, and mail machines.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal and written communication skills
- Prior office experience with email and phone customer service experience preferred
- Recent college graduate or some college coursework is preferred. HS Diploma/GED required
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Working knowledge of the insurance industry is desired
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Knowledge using Applied/EPIC, preferred
- Attention to details
- Able to coordinate resources and responsibilities
- May be required to work overtime as necessary
Education and/or Experience:
High School graduate or general education degree (GED) required; college preferred
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position in the NYC metro area is $35,000 – $55,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, the skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. The actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.