Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
The Staff Accountant, Atlantic Region position will play a significant role in all financial matters within the region. Functions performed by this position include but are not limited to assisting with the monthly financial close, financial statement preparation, account reconciliations, journal entries, commission processing, accounts payable, acquisition integration, and other activities as requested by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with financial statement preparation, including variance analysis.
- Prepare account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Cash management and processing.
- Monthly and quarterly billing.
- Analyze Accounts Receivable / Aging.
- Assist with integration of firms acquired by NFP (General Ledger, A/P, billing).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- A minimum of 1-3 years finance and accounting experience required.
- Insurance agency/brokerage experience with business services, professional services, or consulting type firms preferred.
- Experience preparing account reconciliations and journal entries, as part of a monthly close process.
Knowledge, Skills and/ or Abilities:
- Solid understanding of how to prepare and support account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Solid spreadsheet knowledge; pivot tables, lookups, and other spreadsheet functionality.
- Ability to complete effectively all monthly close activities, given a tight deadline.
- Must be a well-organized, self-starter with a “best practices” and process improvement driven mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to learn the business and have a business and customer service focus.
- Ability to collaborate and develop relationships with coworkers.
- Must possess personal and business integrity with an energetic style demonstrated by a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.