(Hybrid) Account Manager II, Corporate Benefits
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
This is a hybrid opportunity; 2-3 days in office.
About the Position:
We’re looking for an Account Manager II to join our team. Ideal candidates will be responsible for working with Advisors and Account Executives to service client accounts. The position requires day-to-day client servicing for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic, and other written communications. The Account Manager II will manage the renewal and marketing process, and prepare materials for presentations and communications. At this level, an Account Manager will lead open enrollment presentations and may take an active role in client meetings. Work is completed with a significant amount of independent discretion. While in this role, this person should be developing relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients.
This is a hybrid position with working-from-home flexibility 2-3 days a week after the initial 30-day training period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works proactively to develop relationships with carrier and client contacts;
- Communicates directly with clients and carriers.
- Prepare and send the request for proposals to applicable insurance carriers and spreadsheets results as they come in. Draft renewal presentation.
- Takes the lead on reviewing contracts, benefit plan summaries, and carrier source documents for Advisor.
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with clients. Takes more of an active role in client meetings and calls.
- Has direct contact with clients and relies on a growing knowledge of the details of various insurance coverages.
- Continues relationships with carrier representatives to better understand available products and services in the marketplace and recommend them to clients.
- Work with advisors or more senior team members to identify strategies to meet client needs.
- Review & analyze requests for proposals and insurance plan designs, negotiate with carriers, and recommend renewal actions.
- Assist with client renewals and marketing and client meeting presentations;
- Update benefit guides, and ensure client resources and communications are up to date following open enrollment or coverage change.
- Attend to client requests including product or vendor service or performance challenges.
- Ensure the 5500 form is filed and completed in a timely manner (when applicable).
- Assembles updates for clients regarding appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues in conjunction with Account Executives or Advisors.
- Learns about alternative funding strategies and remains up to date on industry trends and regulatory issues.
- General client service support in conjunction with the account management team
- Participate in client projects such as implementation of new business, open enrollment process, non-discrimination testing, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned and consistently makes independent judgments subject to general supervisor support.
What We’re Looking For
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products, and services
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision-making skills
- Diligent follow-up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience
- Associates degree (or equivalent), and BA/BS preferred
- 2 or more years’ client service and/or industry and product line experience desired
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. The employee must be able to carry boxes up to 20lbs.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.