Commercial Insurance Small Business Broking Specialist - hybrid or remote
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 8,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit:https://www.NFP.com.
The Role at NFP
NOTE: This opportunity is for future needs. We often recruit for this role due to increased business and career progression of current staff. Applying to this opportunity now will move qualified applicants to the shortlist when a new need arises. If you are looking for an immediate opportunity, please return to our current openings via our Careers Page at https://careers.nfp.com and search for roles NOT labeled (future).
The SBU (Select Business Unit) Broking Specialist will be responsible for assisting our Sales Agent teams with the daily servicing of our clients while utilizing the top national and regional carriers. Responsibilities include analyzing clients’ exposures to develop solutions, solicit quotes, negotiate with markets, analyze comparisons, and make recommendations to the Account Management team. Operating ethically, respectfully, with honesty, and integrity.
This is a full-time position, ideally working hybrid from any of our central region offices, but we will consider a fully remote option for experienced P&C candidates. Must be able to work on a CST or EST time zone schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with Sales Agents regarding any challenges to ensure deadlines are met.
- Build relationships with underwriters and keep current with insurance company risk guidelines.
- Primarily, this is a carrier-facing role, but you will provide exemplary customer service when corresponding with clients when necessary.
- Follow the Workflow and use the Service Level Agreement (SLA) as guides.
- Rate on carrier websites, using the marketing and new business guidelines.
- Provide coverage for Marketing Specialists as needed.
- Answer the phones and respond to client e-mails promptly.
- Direct any client inquiries regarding sales, billing, or proofs to the respective teams.
- Record loss runs and supplementals on modification worksheets.
- Work with the Sales Agent on quotes, payment options, binding, etc., to present to the clients. Escalate issues to the Sales Agent when necessary
- Obtain updated information from the client for underwriting request.
- In EPIC, create Loss Policy Release, change requests and billing for submission to underwriting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision-making skills
- Diligent follow-up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Be customer-focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities, deadlines, and technology.
Education and/or Experience
- HS Diploma/GED required. College degree preferred
- At least 2 years of Commercial Lines P&C experience preferred
- Above average computer skills including the ability to navigate agency management system
- Intermediate-level Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience with EPIC (or other industry CRM) preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- P&C license preferred or have the ability to obtain within 3 months of employment and retain license by meeting the continuing education requirements
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.