Experienced Commercial Insurance Assistant - NY/NJ (future)
Location: White Plains, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance and has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 8,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role
NOTE: This opportunity is for future needs. We often recruit for this role due to increased business and career progression of current staff. Applying to this opportunity now will move qualified applicants to the shortlist when a new need arises. If you are looking for an immediate opportunity, please return to our current openings via our Careers Page at https://careers.nfp.com and search for roles NOT labeled (future).
This is a support role, requiring you to assist the account teams by providing basic administrative and support functions in the team's day-to-day servicing of clients. You will gather and input data into the agency management system and provide assistance with various tasks and processes relative to new and renewal accounts. You will participate in special projects as assigned by management or senior-level staff (e.g. Account Managers or Account Executives) and training with the team that will assist in their learning and development.
This is a full-time position with the flexibility of a hybrid schedule, working at least 2 days from one of our NY or NJ offices. We will consider candidates with P&C experience for a fully remote option; this will be based on business needs at that time.
Primary Job Duties
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures.
- Prepares ID cards, certificates of insurance, Accord applications, binders and cancellations under the direction of more senior-level staff.
- Learns to compile data for the Account Management Team to use in proposals and coverage checklists. May also assist in preparing proposals
- Verifies that documentation (policies and endorsements,) and the information requested are accurate.
- Learns to perform policy checks, audit checks, and the process for completing coverage checklists and coverage recommendation letters (under the direction of senior-level staff).
- May be the first line of answering billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from the Accounting Dept. when necessary. When an order comes in, verifies rates are correct, adjusts for any additional premium and expedites invoice at direction from more senior level staff.
- Verifies the accuracy and compliance of requested documentation (policies and endorsements).
- Process premium and non-premium endorsements and follow up with carriers for outstanding policies, endorsements, corrections, etc.
What We're Looking For
- Ability to learn and navigate multiple computer software and databases
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Experience with a agency management system or CRM database is a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confident in making sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Team player, adaptive to mentoring and continual learning
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
- May be required to work overtime as necessary
Education and/or Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of experience supporting a Commercial Lines team at a retail insurance brokerage; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced education or training and an interest in insurance or risk management is a plus.
- A P&C license or training is not required but preferred.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position in NY is $40,000 – $65,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.