Billing Specialist (VT hybrid or East Coast Remote)
Location: West Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Role at NFP
Summary: This is a processing support role, requiring the Billing Specialist to assist all departments within NFP by providing essential administrative and support functions in the team's day-to-day servicing of clients. While in this role, the Billing Specialist will be required to work diligently between departments and will be required to, but not limited to data entry, creating policy documents, receiving, and sending billing correspondence, and account research. This role is perfect for an individual who can work well within a team or independently. The ideal person will be able to adapt to various scenarios which require great communication and the ability to problem-solve efficiently.
We offer a hybrid schedule from our Vermont offices or a fully remote option for experienced candidates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gains exposure to clients and carrier contacts; attends meetings and calls
- Assists a wide range of other departments within NFP – Accounting, Account Managers, Risk Placement Specialists and Processing
- Performs invoicing
- Creates and verifies Finance Loan agreements that are accurate prior to submitting and servicing billing correspondence
- Creates and maintains client files in the Agency Mgmt. System and works efficiently within the system
- Assists the Accounting Department with billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel when necessary
- Creates policy documents needed for NFP to accurately report government taxes and fees
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to adapt and structure work duties so all work is completed timely and efficiently
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Team player, adaptive to mentoring and continual learning
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
- May be required to work overtime as necessary
- Must have basic Excel and Word knowledge and efficiency
Education and/or Experience:
- High School or equivalent required. Additional education/training preferred
- More than 2 years related billing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.