Senior Vice President
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 and we’re looking for a Senior Vice President, in our Profession Liability Division with Thompson Flanagan, to join our team. The Senior Vice President has regional and/or national responsibility for growing organic revenue with highly complex clients through an integrated selling strategy. This position manages sales results, maintains strong relationships with key client stakeholders and carriers, and is responsible for policy compliance and human resources functions.
This is a hybrid position with working-from-home flexibility 2-3 days a week after the initial 30-day training period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds, manages, and leads a team to handle marketing, ongoing service, and risk management.
- Leads sales activities with P&C complex clients and prospects
- Confers with senior sales leaders on setting targets and reports actual results. Reviews sales results with members of the sales team, strategizing changes and troubleshooting problems.
- Influences policies and may monitor sales teams within the office to ensure compliance.
- Involved in new hire selections and internal promotions that impact the sales team. May require review with the SVP or other senior leader.
- Develops and initiates plans to increase sales, lower costs, and continuously improve operations.
- Confers with senior management on setting targets and reports actual results.
- Review sales results with subordinates, strategize changes, and troubleshoot problems.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key client and prospect stakeholders and carrier representatives.
- Acts as subject matter expert for company products and services.
- Provides mentoring and coaching to team members.
- May be involved in setting policies and monitoring of offices within the region to ensure compliance.
- May decide on all new hire selections and internal promotions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products, and services
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision-making skills
- Diligent follow-up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS preferred; Master's degree in a relevant subject (e.g., business, statistics, math/science, actuarial science) also desirable
- More than 15 years of directly related industry sales experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- An Insurance Broker's license required to represent the coverages being sold. (e.g. P&C broker’s license or Life and Health broker's license.)
Who We Are:
Thompson Flanagan is a premier insurance brokerage firm, one born from the belief that there’s a better way to operate as brokers. Thompson Flanagan pairs world-class responsiveness with a rigorous approach to the understanding and appreciation of our clients’ business challenges to determine the best ways to tackle them. Our team-based model empowers every team member to add value and our entrepreneurial mindset keeps everyone relentlessly focused on our clients’ success.
Insurance is complex. That’s why we (at Thompson Flanagan) act as true advocates for our clients—many of whom are law firms, private equity and title companies across the country. We guide them through this maze, knowing how much the right solution can mean to their business. We treat them as we’d like to be treated—keeping them top of mind, communicating openly and being proactive on their behalf. We work as a team, share information constantly and always try to find an even better solution.
Thompson Flanagan assures equal employment opportunity in all its hiring and employment policies and practices. These policies and practices are administered without regard to legally protected categories such as: race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy status or medical conditions related to childbirth, and/or any other factor protected by law.
Thompson Flanagan is a wholly owned subsidiary of NFP, Corp.