Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 8,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility 3 days a week.
This is a Corporate Communications job that will primarily focus on External Comms (PR and Media Relations) with Internal Comms (Executive and Employee) duties as well. The role is ideal for a talented candidate who wants to be part of a great team producing outstanding work, while genuinely enjoying each other and the ride. This is a perfect opportunity for a curious and driven Comms professional with 2-4 years of relevant experience. The individual who fills this roll will be challenged with engaging work, learn from smart and accomplished colleagues, and take a meaningful jump in their career journey.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write initial drafts of NA press releases, typically around new hires, acquisitions, product/brand launches, corporate awards, partnerships/sponsorships, etc.
- Execute on media relations activities, including disseminating press releases, pitching reporters, maintaining media lists and other function assets.
- Operate press release distribution platforms (PR Web and PR Newswire).
- Field incoming public inquiries and navigate accordingly across the org.
- Manage Comms function vendor relationships and company subscriptions.
- Track daily media mentions and create internal monthly media reports.
- Post press coverage on internal Workplace channel.
- Facilitate social and website promotion of press coverage.
- Design and manage an NFP awards and corporate rankings program.
- Provide support for external and internal communications alignment.
- Serve as a liaison between PR and the Content and Editorial teams to develop concepts for thought leadership pieces.
- Contribute, as needed, for operations/logistics, including facilitating reviews, coordinating feedback and distributing communications.
Skills and Characteristics
- Strong, adaptable writing
- Media relations competence
- Knack for business storytelling
- Collaborates well with others
- High emotional intelligence
- Effectively manages multiple projects at one time
- Adept at being proactive
- Applies sound judgment
- Creative problem solver
- Excels at listening
- Keen attention to detail
- Must be well-organized
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position in NYC metro area is $63,000 – $87,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.