Affluent Personal Insurance Sr. Account Executive (NYC hybrid)
Location: Plainview, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 8,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
P&C Private Client Group (PCG) is a division of NFP Property & Casualty. We are a retail operation for affluent and wealthy individuals and families seeking personal lines products in the United States, parts of Europe, and Canada. Our headquarters are in New York City with offices across the country - specializing in insurance ranging from homeowners and auto to specialty lines, such as aircraft and watercraft
The Role at NFP
The Sr. Account Executive is a critical member of each office. As the Sr. Account Executive, you will manage the day to day responsibilities of existing client programs. You will manage a book of business and work with a team to provide sales support and multiple services to a range of clients. In addition to our internal referral sources, you will also leverage your network for new business initiatives
This role will ideally report to our NYC, Wall Street office on a hybrid work schedule. We will consider remote options for highly qualified candidates with experience in High Net Worth Personal Lines.
- Manage, maintain, and create client programs, including group excess and special markets billing
- Negotiate coverage terms and pricing with carriers
- Work with other team members in providing sales support for the acquisition of new customers
- Assist with underwriting, pricing, and proposal preparation
- Attend outside meetings with marketing partners, client groups, and insurance carriers
- Expected to manage a book of business ($2-3M in premium) while contributing to the sales effort of the office
- Work with internal and external centers of influence to develop new business
- Ability to provide client support, develop and maintain relationships, and work independently on assigned accounts
- Lead by example regarding compliance with set policies
- P&C license required upon hire
- P&C Account/Client Management experience
- Familiarity with major markets, such as AIG, Chubb/ACE, PURE and Cincinnati Financial. This includes knowledge of their products, appetite and experience with their quoting systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly professional and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with clients, colleagues, and carriers
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel
- A bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years’ of Personal Lines industry and product line experience
- In addition to familiarity with the major markets as mentioned above, a familiarity with carriers such as Travelers and Progressive as well as The National Flood Ins. Program
- Experience with Epic a plus
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position in NYC is $56,000 – $130,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.