Job Type: Full time
Grow a Better Tomorrow with Nufarm.
We know that growing is about more than just crops and cultivation. It’s about sunshine and rain, early mornings and hard work. It can be frustratingly unpredictable but also wonderfully uplifting. More than anything, it’s about people. Nufarm is the dependable partner behind thousands of agricultural success stories. Every day, growers around the world turn to our products and our people to help with the challenges of fighting disease, weeds and pests, and to increase crop yields.
How can you grow with Nufarm?
Based in Alsip, IL, Nufarm is looking for a Plant Engineer reporting to the Operations Manager. The position works closely with the Operations Manager to drive process optimization and improvement for formulation and associated units in the production plant. The position will develop to be the process owner and subject matter expert for assigned areas, including formulation vessels, and packaging lines. Responsibilities will include daily assessment of performance of the process units (yield, throughput, quality), investigation and corrective actions for quality and safety incidents and conformance to Nufarm safety and quality standards. In addition, the position will lead or support continuous improvement projects to drive safety, quality efficiency, cost, new product introduction and new equipment design and commissioning in the plant.
What will you be doing?
- Process Performance – Routine measurement and assessment of process performance for assigned formulation vessel (reactor), storage, and packaging lines or areas. Focus on providing training, procedures, corrective actions, and tools (5S, Root Cause Analysis, etc.) for achieving cycle time and yield targets.
- Process Improvement Projects – Identify, lead, or support projects that optimize performance metrics and achieve plant goals. These may include work-process design and implementation, equipment procurement and implementation, software implementation, training, SOP development
- Quality – Work with Quality personnel to ensure and support appropriate procedures, training, tools, incident investigations, and metrics are in place to conform to Nufarm quality and contamination prevention standards for assigned units. Drive improvement in key Quality metrics such as right-first-time and non-conforming products.
- Safety, Health, and Environmental – Work with HSE personnel to ensure and support appropriate procedures, training, tools, incident investigations, and metrics are in place to conform to Nufarm standards for assigned units. Support waste reduction
- New Product Introduction – Support introduction of new or modified products to assigned process units. Participate in transfer-to-manufacturing process.
- Mentoring – Provide tactical guidance to assigned co-ops or interns.
- Support plant activities in a supervisory role of day-to-day activies as required
What do you bring?
You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or 5 years equivalent experience in mannufacturing/process/quality engineering. The right candidate will be able to identify, drive, and implement key process improvements working with plant management, quality, safety, supervisors, maintenance, engineering, operators, etc. You also have working knowledge of chemical process and or packaging equipment. Exhibit personal energy in responding to change in a fast-paced, dynamic and growing organization. Disciplined, focused, resilient, teamwork, entrepreneurial, collaborative and inclusive style. If you have experience with manufacturing improvement tools such as Six Sigma, Lean, SPC, Root Cause Analysis, 5S, even better!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nufarm employees.
If you want to be a part of a thriving, supportive environment and are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger, we’d love to hear from you.