Director Quality and Process Excellence
Location: Supply Chain
Job Type: Full time
Grow a Better Tomorrow with Nufarm.
We know that growing is about more than just crops and cultivation. It’s about sunshine and rain, early mornings and hard work. It can be frustratingly unpredictable but also wonderfully uplifting. More than anything, it’s about people. Nufarm is the dependable partner behind thousands of agricultural success stories. Every day, growers around the world turn to our products and our people to help with the challenges of fighting disease, weeds and pests, and to increase crop yields.
How can you grow with Nufarm?
Based in Alsip & Chicago Heights, IL with occasional travel to Greenville, MS, Nufarm is looking for a Director, Quality and Process Excellence who is accountable for driving the Quality strategy for the North American business to ensure that products meet/exceed customer expectations and are produced in a safe, cost effective and efficient manner.
What will you be doing?
- Leads all aspects of the Quality assurance processes and procedures.
- Identifies plans and implements processes and systems to quantify and report on factors affecting quality performance.
- Defines quality initiatives and implement the Nufarm Global Quality Strategies. This includes but is not limited to: quality incidents and root cause analyses, material dispositions, document management, internal and toll audits, customer complaints, quality training, QC analytical testing, and formulation instructions.
- Drives the region’s continuous improvement and excellence initiatives (4DX, Lean, etc) to make measurable improvements in cost, quality, service.
- Manages the Process Engineers to support CI, projects, and sustaining operations in manufacturing formulation and packaging operations.
- Provides support and guidance to help ensure the Quality and Engineering staff development and training meets Nufarm’s longer term succession and structural requirements.
- Provides direct leadership, coaching and talent development to quality leaders at each site.
What do you bring?
You hold a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Quality Control/Assurance leadership roles. The right candidate will have at least 10 years’ experience in in a manufacturing quality assurance role. As well as experience in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) techniques and facilitation. Along with experience with managing Continuous Improvement programs. You have excellent written and communication skills with a mindset of being a proactive innovative thinker. Listening is a strong suit for you and are aware of your personal strengths and weaknesses and take continuous action to improve your personal capabilities. You have the ability to develop actionable recommendations and implement the plans you make.
If you want to be a part of a thriving, supportive environment and are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nufarm employees.