Field Sales Manager South Dakota
Job Type: Full time
Nuseed delivers VALUE BEYOND YIELD® through dedicated service, locally proven canola, carinata, sorghum and sunflower seed for farm customers and new plant-based solutions for end-use customers globally. This is core to our global commitment and what sets us apart. Over 300 Nuseed employees work across our global locations, including three world-class Nuseed Innovation Centers. Established in Australia in 2006, Nuseed has grown to offer industry leading germplasm, advanced molecular capabilities, regional R&D and commercial teams in Australia, Europe, North America and South America, and sales in more than 30 countries. Nuseed is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nufarm Limited (AUX: NUF).
Based out of a home office, preferably in South Dakota. Nuseed has an exciting opportunity for a Field Sales Manager. Reporting to the North America Commercial Sales Lead, this role will be a key contributor in our Sunflower, Canola and Omega 3 business in the United States. This role will partner with Nuseed internal teams, distributors, and farmers, introducing and supporting the Nuseed portfolio, gaining an appetite for current and new products, gather distributor and grower feedback on ways to improve our hybrids and provide valuable agronomic insight during the growing season. This role will assist in moving the market strategy for Canola and Sunflower in the United States forward and in executing on the commercial forecasts.
Reach your potential:
- Assist with planning to meet production targets
- Develop and implement long term agronomic plans to support Nuseed strategy and budgets
- Undertake field inspections of customer fields by identifying weeds, disease and insect presence and provide agronomic recommendations
- Oversee acre contracting (where applicable), field inspections by identifying weeds, disease and insect presence and provide agronomic recommendations
- Lead, foster and develop distributor relationships, strategies, and product education
- Build and maintain good working relationships with growers, Industry contacts and Nuseed peers.
- Gather and disseminate market and research intelligence, including grower commercial considerations
- Logistics coordination, including trucking from farm to elevator and local relationship with elevator
- Assist with technical and trial work as needed
- Strong ability to gather and interpret data using various resources and tools. Ability to present results in a manner that is clear, concise and tells the story appropriately
Do you have a bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture Sciences, or a related field? Do you have 5+ years of experience in Agronomy? Canola experience is a preferred. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of grower relationship management and partnering. Also required is 5+ years in a commercial sales setting with a proven record of building and maintaining customer relationships.
If this is you. Apply online today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nuseed employees.