Procurement Buyer-Inert Materials
Job Type: Full time
Grow a Better Tomorrow with Nufarm.
We know that growing is about more than just crops and cultivation. It’s about sunshine and rain, early mornings and hard work. It can be frustratingly unpredictable but also wonderfully uplifting. More than anything, it’s about people. Nufarm is the dependable partner behind thousands of agricultural success stories. Every day, growers around the world turn to our products and our people to help with the challenges of fighting disease, weeds and pests, and to increase crop yields.
How can you grow with Nufarm?
Based in Alsip, IL Nufarm is looking for a Procurement Buyer – Inert Materials to manage execution of the direct materials sourcing strategy and supports the needs of the manufacturing (including Tolling) & commercialization functions by focusing on creating purchase orders, material bidding and contract management, ensuring on-time delivery of materials, monitoring inventory levels, and processing timely & accurate payment.
What will you be doing?
- Engage with Corporate/Plant Quality, XPO, and Suppliers on incoming packaging quality concerns and direct resolutions and rejection/refunding process.
- Establish blanket POs for Direct Materials and manage contract parameters & payments in Oracle and Ariba.
- Confirm delivery accuracy (count, date) for Direct Material orders and communicate any deviation to production & business partners.
- Update pricing and approved supplier list in Oracle.
- Work with regional MPR and MRP professionals to monitor the manufacturing performance to the ASCP MPS and MRP.
- Resolve Supplier Invoices & PO discrepancies.
- Covert Planning department Purchase Requisitions to Purchase Orders.
- Establish minimum order quantities and standard lead times for direct materials to set a new standard to abide by.
- Strategically manage direct materials inventory levels on-site & at warehouse(s) to eliminate supply risk while avoiding excess storage.
- Communicate direct material forecasts to vendors monthly for 30/90/180 days.
- Other duties as assigned.
What do you bring?
- Minimum 3 years (5 preferred) experience in purchase order systems as a buyer, purchasing agent, or planner. Along with a basic understanding in sourcing parameters and inventory management. Experience working in Oracle, Ariba, & Tableau systems is desirable but not required.
If you want to be a part of a thriving, supportive environment and are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nufarm employees.