Local Material Planner
Location: Supply Chain
Job Type: Full time
Grow a Better Tomorrow with Nufarm.
We know that growing is about more than just crops and cultivation. It’s about sunshine and rain, early mornings, and hard work. It can be frustratingly unpredictable but also wonderfully uplifting. More than anything, it’s about people. Nufarm is the dependable partner behind thousands of agricultural success stories. Every day, growers around the world turn to our products and our people to help with the challenges of fighting disease, weeds, and pests, and to increase crop yields.
How can you grow with Nufarm?
Based in Alsip, IL, Nufarm is looking for a Local Material Planner reporting to the Regional MRP Manager NA. This role is responsible for planning materials for manufacturing, ensuring the consistent and adequate supply of materials necessary for production. The role is also accountable to collect, processes in the system, reports, and evaluates production batch sheets and pack orders to maintain a high-level Inventory record accuracy in oracle for raw materials and finish goods. Crete material transfers from/to distribution center.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for the execution of the Material Requirements Plan for the defined portfolio in the agreed horizon including the preparation, review and confirmation of planned orders
- Provide an efficient material requirement plan and align with relevant stakeholder as required Site Production Scheduler and the Regional Supply Planner
- Maintain a high level of inventory record accuracy for Alsip and Central Warehouse
- Monthly reporting as required in alignment with the IBP process and continuous improvement activities
- Support relevant demand and supply forums in particular the IBP process: Provide input as required, report issues and attend at the local Supply Point Capability review
- Responsible for the validation of MRP exception and the creation of recommendations to create a viable Material Requirements Plan
- Provide accurate and timely production reporting and raw material consumption in Oracle
What do you bring?
You hold a bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or related field of CPIM and have at least 2 years in Operational Supply Chain and Supply Planning in Materials Planning/ Material Requirement Planning (MRP), Inventory control and production reporting. The right candidate will have experience using an integrated supply planning systems and a comprehensive understanding of Integrated Business Planning (IBP). We are looking for someone with continuous improvement, problem solving and collaboration skills along with excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication and presentation skills. Experience with Agrochemical, pharmaceutical or life-science is a plus.
If you want to be a part of a thriving, supportive environment and are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nufarm employees.