Agronomist - Commercial Brassicas
Job Type: Full time
Nuseed delivers VALUE BEYOND YIELD® through Canola, Carinata, Sorghum and Sunflower seed for farm customers and new plant-based solutions for end-use customers globally. Our industry leading Beyond Yield Carinata and Omega-3 Canola products provide a truly sustainable platform recognizing the ever-evolving environmental challenges our world is facing. All of this is core to our global commitment and what sets us apart.
Over 300 Nuseed employees work across our global locations, including three world-class Nuseed Innovation Centers. Nuseed is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nufarm Limited (AUX: NUF).
Nuseed is looking for a Commercial Agronomist in Eastern Montana or Western North Dakota. The Commercial Agronomist will support the Nuseed Sales Team, Agents, Distributors and Nuseed growers. This role will partner with the distribution network and farmers to introduce and support the Nuseed portfolio, gain an appetite for current and new products, gather farmer feedback on ways to improve our hybrids and provide valuable agronomic insight during the growing season. The Commercial Agronomist will assist in moving the market strategy for Canola and Omega 3 Canola forward and in executing on the commercial forecasts.
- Commercial Strategy, Tactics and Execution
- Assist with planning to exceed commercial targets
- Develop and implement long term agronomic plans to support Nuseed strategy and budgets
- Engage with farmers to understand their planting needs and how Nuseed can be their product of choice.
- Undertake field inspections of customer fields by identifying weeds, disease and insect presence and provide agronomic recommendations
- Monitor field production throughout growing season and perform yield estimations
- Build and maintain good working relationships with growers, Industry contacts and Nuseed peers
- Gather and disseminate market and research Intelligence, including grower commercial considerations
- Work with distributors to ensure farmers have ready access to Nuseed products
- Assist with technical and trial and commercial work as needed.
- Strong ability to gather and interpret data using various resources and tools. Ability to present results in a manner that is clear, concise and tells the story appropriately
- Communicate agronomic position of seed products, and benefits of trait products
- Participate in industry events, support sales for grower demand events and other promotional activities
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Ensure compliance with safety and environmental protocols
- Provide input to help continually improve safety protocols and procedures
- Role will require standing for prolonged periods of time and the ability to lift to 60 lbs.
- Reports any incidents in a timely fashion
Nuseed is looking for a Commercial Agronomist to support our Brassicas business in Montana or North Dakota. The Commercial Agronomist should have 5 years of experience in a commercial, and or agronomic capacity. The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail, is reliable and team oriented, with strong oral, and written communication skills.
The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties, not specifically mentioned in this document, but within the capacity, qualifications & experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this classification.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations to individuals with known disabilities who are able to perform the essential functions of their jobs with or without such accommodations, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company’s operations. Individuals requiring accommodation should speak to the Company’s Human Resources Department concerning their needs.
Salary Range: $70,000 – $95,000 USD
Nuseed takes several factors into consideration when determining salary ranges. These factors include, but are not limited to, candidate experience, education, geographical location, and industry. Nuseed roles are incentive eligible and offer a robust benefit package that are not reflected in the noted salary range.