Senior Program Manager, Translation and Localization
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Okta is looking for an experienced Senior Program Manager, Localization to collaborate with our digital marketing, campaigns, international marketers, and website team to lead the work of our international digital web properties through the localization process and ensure successful market launches of our Okta.com digital property across the globe.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in Localization Program Management, who understands the latest and greatest localization technologies, has a passion for setting up processes for global scale, and is an expert in managing language quality to vendor management to enable the continuous creation of a world-class, end-to-end digital customer experience for our Okta Digital Ecosystem. This person will report to the Senior Director of Digital Strategy.
If you are comfortable in a dynamic, high-growth environment, and working across the diverse group of teammates, collaborators, and stakeholders that we need to make it all happen, we want to talk with you!
- As the primary driver for website translation and localization within digital, you will be managing the relationships with our translation vendors, platforms in between Smartling and Drupal, and will bridge the communication processes among technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You will drive on-time and high quality delivery of translations from our translation partners and partner with our regional stakeholders for delivery
- You will own continuous localization of our WWW corporate website and digital web properties within our ecosystem while building on long-term improvements
- You will drive utilization of our localization applications, potential bug triaging, and partner with our development and engineering teams to follow and resolve
- You will be able to design and implement processes and programs that enable marketing teams to work more efficiently across the global organization and drive localization operational excellence by defining metrics and KPIs to meet objectives
- Define and maintain digital web production standards, addressing how the business utilizes our website CMS, and management of digital content and assets
- Manage content on a global scale across multiple websites and languages from a localization and translation perspective
- Collaborating with a variety of in-house disciplines like digital marketing teams, product managers, technologists, UX peers, and vendor teams to ensure forward progress and consistency across the the user experiences for our web properties
- You will be able to operate within the assigned budget for localization, and identity risks, and mitigation strategies while using data to evaluate efficiency of cost, timelines, and quality
- You will consult and collaborate with departments like: Creative, Analytics, SEO, Accessibility, Digital Strategy, Digital UX, Campaigns, Paid Advertising, and Compliance teams to provide solutions and methodologies for localization of content
- Supporting the advancement of the brand - our messaging and visual presence - and assisting in testing with qualitative and quantitative efforts to provide insights for educated next steps
- Build relationships and digital content process within the organization to guide website translation requests
- Embodying stewardship of the brand
- Be an inspiring team leader.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-7+ years of localization operations, localization program management, international website and product management, or equivalent roles.
- 3+ years of relevant marketing experience in B2B environment within web publishing, digital experience management, website administration, and delivering world-class web experiences
- Excellent understanding of internationalization and localization software platforms like Smartling, Lokalise, Memsource, or similar.
- Excellent track record of managing high-quality and complex localization initiatives from planning to delivery
- Excellent understanding of internationalization and localization software. Can guide digital marketers, web designers, and developers towards best practices.
- Deep-knowledge of translation and localization process and what it takes to create digital experiences that resonate with their targeted audiences and markets
- Deep-knowledge of and hands-on experience with all aspects of website creation and production
- Deep-experience with managing multiple digital initiatives and projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Expert knowledge in managing localization and translation vendor relationships
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems and web standards like Drupal, Wordpress, and/or AEM
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience documenting and presenting technical to non-technical audiences
- “Builder” mentality versus a “Contributor” mentality
- Support and inspire your team to do their best, continue professional development, upwards or sideways ability and work-life balance
- Budget-conscious, creative thinker, and team player
- Strong project management skills with an ability to create, execute, and adjust plans as needed
- BS/BA required in Marketing or related field
- A desire to have fun, work hard, and drive results for yourself and others
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $154,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.