Senior/GPM Product Manager Okta Devices Security
Location: Remote -
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for an amazing Group Product Manager with a strong technical background, good product sense, and great collaboration skills to drive all aspects of security into the next wave of products and features on the Okta Devices Platform.
Okta Devices is a best-in-class platform service built on the Okta Identity Cloud. Our mission is to embed Okta on every device to enable contextual access decisions and passwordless authentication. Products owned by this team include Okta FastPass, our Okta Verify apps, and developer SDK’s.
Our customers rely on these products to ensure their end users can access any application securely. This GPM will make sure that we live up to this promise with security baked into all aspects of our products.
Success in this role requires a strong ability to understand customer requirements, a deep empathy for user experience, and the ability to strategically prioritize what’s most important while managing requests from multiple teams at Okta.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Roadmap and Vision
- Set product strategy and roadmap for the Okta Devices Platform.
- Evangelize your vision to the engineering team, broader product team, and customers.
- Define and execute on a roadmap and prioritize features for both enterprise experiences and developer success.
- Analyze and use data to help support product and roadmap decisions.
Product Delivery and Execution
- Collaborate with architecture, engineering and design to spec experiences that are platform-first and aim to delight customers at scale.
- Work with scrum teams and TPMs to deliver features on-time that unlock key use cases.
- Prioritize rigorously across a number of product investment areas.
- Partner with the data team to track product usage metrics and tie those metrics to business success.
Customer Engagement and Requirements Gathering
- Work with engineering, other product managers, and customers to capture requirements and document user stories and use cases.
- Engage with customers to deeply understand their challenges with respect to broad enterprise and consumer use cases.
- Ensure that beta customer feedback is incorporated into the product. Stay close to customers during beta programs and ensure that feedback is incorporated into the product.
- Work with technical marketing and sales to understand the competitive landscape.
- Collaborate with product marketing to support creation of messaging and content, and define the go-to-market plan for existing and new offerings.
- Inform pricing and packaging changes based on your subject matter expertise.
Own the Product
- Customer success focused thinking: always working to unblock sales and help customers through issues.
- Responsible for supporting the field on critical asks and customer needs.
- Build a world-class authentication product and platform.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience across the product management lifecycle for enterprise products or services
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Track record of successful delivery of complex projects
- 5+ years of industry experience. 4+ years of product management or related experience
- Strong technical background
- Security knowledge and experience
- Understanding of identity, phishing, vulnerabilities, security operations, and device security
- Advanced degree in technical or business field
- Knowledge of enterprise security products and services
- Knowledge of identity or access management
- Understanding of authentication and authorization standards
- Experience with developing user flows, and enabling customizable experience
- Experience creating and managing multi-tenant SaaS software products
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
Find your place at Oktahttps://www.okta.com/company/careers/Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.