Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
The Okta Customer First Team is focused on making Okta customers, developers and partners successful by advocating on their behalf, resolving technical issues and challenges, and maintaining the high quality of service and sense of urgency they expect.
As the Director of Escalations you will be responsible for defining and executing the strategy to mitigate situations that lead to customer escalations, and effectively handling and addressing diverse situations. You will regularly work with Okta’s Customer Support, Customer Success, Professional Services, and Engineering, as well as a variety of internal team functions. As such, you will need to be an adept communicator, equally as comfortable having a detailed technical conversation with an engineer as delivering a high-level technical overview to a VP or CxO. You will be an individual contributor leading a cross functional team to identify, resolve, recommend and communicate the root cause of critical issues impacting our customers. Your motto should be “Never give up, never surrender.”
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Display key leadership dimensions (driven, effective, humble, inspirational, and wise)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, utilize robust problem solving skills, demonstrate situational agility, manage parallel efforts, and communicate effectively through multiple channels (email, phone, text, chat)
- Possess exceptional business acumen and has world-class presentation and customer interaction skills that have been acquired through deep technical knowledge and well-developed process management.
- Engage with and lead internal communications with Engineering during service disruptions to ensure internal and external customers are receiving status updates.
- Draft root cause analysis documents and lead technical communications with customers.
- Persuade, influence,and motivate people; build a culture of doing the right thing for customers.
- 10-12+ years of experience in customer success, technical support and/or consulting delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical discipline. Master’s degree/MBA is a plus.
- Ability to influence others, internally and externally
- Ability to handle conflict and drive agreement on decisions for which conflicting opinions and input exist.
- Strong data-driven decision making skills
- Ability to identify risks and dependencies and put in place plans to mitigate them.
- Adaptability, flexibility and the conviction to “do the right thing” under stress, high tension and tight deadlines.
- Experience with, or understanding of, large scale software deployments.
- Familiarity with security or identity management industry is a strong plus.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.