Senior Revenue Accountant (US Remote)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Okta is seeking a strong senior revenue accountant with a positive attitude and affinity for process improvement within a fast-paced organization. This role will work closely with cross functional teams to ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of revenue. This role will report into the Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting and will focus on supporting the team with execution of acquisition integrations, specific to the revenue accounting function. This role will also assist with day-to-day operations of revenue accounting. The ideal candidate has experience with multiple performance obligation arrangements, complex revenue transactions, can think strategically from a process perspective while carrying a strong execution mindset to deliver against established plans.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, recommend and implement solutions to help overcome the quote-to-cash challenges associated with M&A integration, with focus on minimizing disruption to upstream & downstream systems and processes
- Support operationalization of ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers and upstream processing of acquired company transactions within RevPro Revenue Management System
- Facilitate stakeholder alignment & communication on revenue impacting issues in conjunction with cross-functional groups such as Revenue Operations, Legal, FP&A, Deals Desk, and Business Technology
- Assist in design, implementation, execution, and documentation of key revenue controls for the acquired company’s processes
- Prepare support for internal/external quarterly audit requests, as it relates to the acquired company’s controls
- Perform revenue month-end close activities, as necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience, with both Big 4 public accounting and industry experience in the SaaS/software industry preferred
- CPA preferred
- Working knowledge of ASC 606
- Experience in application of internal controls
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective communicator able to convey and present information in a concise and well-organized manner
- Demonstrates high performance standards, passion for excellence and continuous improvement
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Strong Excel skills required
Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce CPQ, and RevPro preferred
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $90,000/year + equity + benefits))